This text is also available in: Dutch
Transfer metallized materials
Our transfer metallized paper, board and film, that evoke images of shining silver and glittering gold are used as base material for packaging, labels, publishing and promotions that need to create a luxury, high-quality appearance and be environmentally sound. Our transfer metallized products are internationally known under the brand name Valvac.
Amsterdam Metallized Products is the inventor of transfer metallizing. With this sophisticated process, no PET film is left behind on the final product. This guarantees that Valvac paper and board substrates are completely recyclable and biodegradable. Heavier substrates can be qualified as mono-material. Therefore Valvac products are considered as environmentally sound compared to other available options.
Valvac product’s features include:
- Brighter metallic effects due to being transfer metallized.
- Available in silver, gold and various holographic patterns.
- ISEGA approved for direct food contact applications.
- Meet requirements of article 11 of EC Packaging Directive 94/61/EC.
- Heavier paper and board can be qualified as mono-material (DSD regulations).
- Weight-saving (more packaging and labels per kilogram).
- Transfer metallizing is possible on coated, uncoated and recycled paper and board.
- FSC® PEFC™ certified paper and board can be supplied.
- Transfer metallized paper and board are recyclable.
- Outstanding lay-flat as a result of unaltered moisture levels.
- Base materials from 30gsm paper to 700gsm board and a wide range of filmic products.
- By using MG and MF uncoated bases it gives enhanced bulk.
- Perfectly processable: printing, folding, creasing, gluing, die cutting, embossing, twisting.
- Available in reels and sheets.
Would you like to experience our high gloss transfer metallized materials? Feel free to contact us or request a free sample set. We can also create a mock-up of your original packaging by applying our transfer metallized base materials to your existing packaging. The mock-up is ready within 2 weeks and will show you the benefits you will gain!